January 2015 immigration update podcast
- November 2015 immigration update podcast
- January 2015 immigration update podcast
- February 2015 immigration update podcast
- March 2015 immigration update podcast
- April 2015 immigration update podcast
- May 2015 immigration update podcast
- June 2015 immigration update podcast
- July 2015 immigration update podcast
- August 2015 immigration update podcast
- September 2015 immigration update podcast
- October 2015 immigration update podcast
- December 2015 immigration update podcast
Welcome to the January 2015 edition of the Free Movement immigration update podcast. This month marks a whole year of podcasts, and they have been quite a success so far, with nearly 22,000 unique downloads in total. More subjectively, several people have mentioned them to when I’ve been out and about, which is nice but does cause me to doubt their sanity just a little bit.
There’s quite a lot to get through as I’ve done a little bit of catching up this month. I start with some tribunal cases, which are all rather focused on lawyers rather than dealing with any of the big immigration issues that are out there at the moment, and then go on to look at an interesting Irish case on claiming damages for breaches of free movement law and then the case of McCarthy on family permits. There are several developments on citizenship that I cover before closing with a couple of policy developments and two new useful texts.
If you would like to claim CPD points for reading the material and listening to this podcast, sign up here. There are over 30 CPD hours of training materials available now.
If you listen to podcasts on your mobile phone, you can subscribe for free via iTunes here, Stitcher here or point your podcast player to podcast feed for Free Movement. Using a mobile device and subscribing has the advantage that each new podcast can be automatically downloaded for listening to on the go.
The downloadable 25 minute audio podcast follows the (non chronological) order of content below:
- Judicial toolkit for dealing with miscreant immigration lawyers
- Witness statements by advocates
- “Wing and a prayer” grounds of appeal criticised by President
- Curtailment of leave not effective if someone else signs for it
- New Country Guidance case on Darfuris and Sudan
- Claiming damages for breaches of EU free movement rights
- McCarthy and EU family permits
- Good character citizenship criteria quietly tightened up
- Hundreds of children refused British citizenship on character grounds
- The Law and Practice of Expulsion and Exclusion from the United Kingdom
- Home Office misleads Tribunal Procedure Committee
- Rejection of visit visa to attend funeral: analysis
- Everything you need to know about costs in immigration cases. Almost.
- New edition of HJT Immigration Manual now available