UK Migration Lawyers is a private practice law firm. The organisation deals with private clients only. We are based in Birmingham.
The vacancy is for one full-time caseworker / solicitor who will closely assist the solicitors of the firm. You will need to be highly experienced and up to date in Immigration Law with particular emphasis on the PBS. You will be joining a niche practice and play a crucial role from the outset. You will be expected to take responsibility for and to expand, an existing complex caseload.
Immigration work will include but is not limited to work under the Points Based Tier System, Nationality applications, Appeals, Judicial Review, Deportation, Removal and bail, Family based applications, European law/residence permits and in country applications for leave to remain.
Salary will depend on experience and will be negotiable.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications required
The nature of the work requires the applicant to have the following skills and abilities:
- experience of advice giving and casework (essential)
- excellent drafting skills (essential)
- ability to communicate complex legal issues in a clear and succinct manner
- ability to provide accurate and concise telephone advice
- computer literacy including familiarity with computerised case management systems
- ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- GOOD TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE IS CRITICAL and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Salary- £20,000 upwards depending on experience