Welcome to the July 2016 edition of the Free Movement immigration update podcast. This episode I cover some important EU law issues then move through a considerable number of cases and appeal issues and then end with some updates on new and changed Home Office policies.
The material is all drawn from the July 2016 blog posts on Free Movement.
If you would like to claim CPD points for reading the material and listening to this podcast, sign up here as a Free Movement Member. There are now over 40 CPD hours of training materials available to members.
If you listen to podcasts on your mobile phone, you can subscribe for free via iTunes here, Stitcher here or point your podcast player to podcast feed for Free Movement. Using a mobile device and subscribing has the advantage that each new podcast can be automatically downloaded for listening to on the go.
To access previous Free Movement immigration update podcasts click here.
The downloadable 35 minute audio podcast follows the (non chronological) order of content below:
EU law issues
- Worker Registration Scheme causing problems with British citizenship for some children
- Comprehensive Sickness Insurance: what is it, and who needs it?
- CJEU judgment on domestic violence victims: NA C-115/15
- Interesting report of tribunal expediting appeal after legal challenge
- Fees for Upper Tribunal judicial review applications rise again
- Court of Appeal says when it is “reasonable” to remove a child resident for 7 years or more
- Serial criminal to be deported despite impact on his children
- Torture, independent evidence, immigration detention and Rule 35
- Discriminatory to deny refugee spouses right to settle under domestic violence rule
- Article 8 assessed at date of decision in entry clearance cases
- Prosecutions for telling the truth
- Visitor deceived authorities by failing to disclose relationship on entry
- Serbian police officer fails in challenge to refusal of British citizenship on character grounds
- Should an application for judicial review be stayed while the decision maker reconsiders?
- Immigration tribunal dismisses freedom of religion case for Afghan imam
- Upper Tribunal case on availability and intention to invest under Tier 1 Entrepreneur route
- Free fast track for obtaining personal data from the Home Office
- Government launches National Transfer Scheme for asylum seeking children
- Two new policies on asylum seeking children published
- Updated guidance on exclusion under Article 1F of the Refugee Convention
- Updated Home Office country information and guidance on Albanian blood feuds
- Several immigration enforcement policies added or updated