Three new immigration judges have been appointed to the First-tier Tribunal:
- Jonathan Austin, 56, criminal barrister at Linenhall Chambers
- Roxanne Frantzis, 41, barrister and head of immigration at KBW Chambers
- Trevor Hatton, 47, previously public law director at Duncan Lewis Solicitors
All have previous experience as part-time (“fee-paid”) judges but are now being taken on properly.
The appointments follow several others announced last month:
- Jean-Benoit Louveaux, 49, barrister
- Graeme Clarke, 50, solicitor
- Lisa Gibbs, 48, barrister
- Jaswinder Thapar, 41, solicitor
On the other side of the ledger, Nigel Osborne retired yesterday, having been an immigration judge since 2003.