- November 2015 immigration update podcast
- January 2015 immigration update podcast
- February 2015 immigration update podcast
- March 2015 immigration update podcast
- April 2015 immigration update podcast
- May 2015 immigration update podcast
- June 2015 immigration update podcast
- July 2015 immigration update podcast
- August 2015 immigration update podcast
- September 2015 immigration update podcast
- October 2015 immigration update podcast
- December 2015 immigration update podcast
Welcome to the November 2015 edition of the Free Movement immigration update podcast. In this episode I talk a little about the latest immigration statistics, some rule changes on EU nationals applying for British nationality and the latest batch of immigration rule changes, I do a quick review of Upper Tribunal cases covered on Free Movement in November and then end with some big cases from the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
The material is drawn from the November 2015 blog posts on Free Movement.
If you would like to claim CPD points for reading the material and listening to this podcast, sign up here as a Free Movement Member. There are now 40 CPD hours of training materials available to members.
If you listen to podcasts on your mobile phone, you can subscribe for free via iTunes here, Stitcher here or point your podcast player to podcast feed for Free Movement. Using a mobile device and subscribing has the advantage that each new podcast can be automatically downloaded for listening to on the go.
To access previous Free Movement immigration update podcasts click here.
The downloadable 25 minute audio podcast follows the (non chronological) order of content below:
- New immigration statistics: some highlights
- EU nationals must apply for permanent residence card for British nationality applications
- Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules HC535: analysis
- Basnet case on failed payments for immigration applications revisited by tribunal
- Upper Tribunal considers lawfulness of granting Discretionary Leave to a child
- New Country Guidance case on Afghan Sikhs
- New case on airport monitoring and DRC
- Section 117C is limited to deportation cases, does not apply in removal cases
- Meaning of “unduly harsh” in the Immigration Rules
- President gives guidance on difference between human rights and public law challenges
- Guidance on appealing Upper Tribunal costs decisions to the Court of Appeal
- “Slavish” lodging of appeals against deportation determinations deplored by President of Upper Tribunal
- Protocol on communications between judges of the Family Court and Immigration and Asylum Chambers