Hear from David Jones, Mark Symes and Colin Yeo, (Directors of HJT Training), Sandra Akinbolu, of Lamb Building, and Timothy Baldwin.
HJT Training’s acclaimed annual judicial review conference gives you the chance to keep up to date and hear from leading practitioners on the implications of the latest developments in judicial review in the immigration field.
The conference will be presented by leading practitioners in the Immigration and Asylum field and will include David Jones (founder of HJT Research which provides online country information on human rights conditions in over 80 countries), Mark Symes (co-author of Immigration Appeals and Remedies Handbook of which the Upper Tribunal President says “a compulsory addition to the library of every immigration judge and practitioner”), Colin Yeo (renowned for his Free Movement blog), Timothy Baldwin (highly regarded for his public and administrative law practice), Sandra Akinbolu (Lamb Building, an expert in EEA, and Human Rights Law.)
2016 has seen a welter of decisions, we aim to cover:
- Certification under section 94 and 94B: An appraisal of developing caselaw, including Kiarie (nod before the Supreme Court) and FR and KL (Albania), and an assessment of the implications of implementation of the pending appeal regime set down in the Immigration Act 2016.
- Non-suspensive appeals as an effective alternative remedy to judicial review.
- A review of Unlawful Detention actions: the impact of the Supreme Court ruling in R(O), the treatment of vulnerable categories of detainee generally, and the ramifications of the new Detention Services Order 03/2016.
- Third country removal under the Dublin Regulations: Italy, Bulgaria and more.
- Upper Tribunal procedure and practice administering judicial review: the quality of reasons on paper refusals, totally without merit certification, delay in issuing post Kigen v SSHD, and costs decisions.
Please join us after the conference for a festive drink reception to celebrate another year passed in Immigration Law.
THURSDAY 8TH DECEMBER 2016
10:00AM – 5:00PM
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements prior to the conference commencement.