August 2014 immigration update podcast
- March 2016 immigration update podcast
- September 2014 immigration update podcast
- January 2014 immigration update podcast
- February 2014 immigration update podcast
- March 2014 immigration update podcast
- April 2014 immigration update podcast
- May 2014 immigration update podcast
- June 2014 immigration update podcast
- July 2014 immigration update podcast
- August 2014 immigration update podcast
- October 2014 immigration update podcast
- November 2014 immigration update podcast
- April 2016 immigration update podcast
Welcome to the August 2014 edition of the Free Movement immigration update podcast. As normal, the material for the podcast is drawn from blog posts on Free Movement. There was a huge amount of important new material on the blog in August so I’ve had to be selective in what to cover this month.
I concentrate on the commencement of the statutory human rights considerations and accompanying immigration rule and Home Office policy changes. There are a few other things I mention at the end as well, including the likely date for the commencement of the new highly restricted appeals regime. The material follows the order of links to content below.
If you would like to claim CPD points for reading the material and listening to this podcast, sign up here. Free Movement Members can now download the Free Movement ebooks for just £1 each in the Members Area (not including the HJT manual). The August update CPD course will be available shortly but there are already 18 CPD hours of courses available in the growing course library, including a new course on the Immigration Act 2014.
If you listen to podcasts on your mobile phone, you can subscribe for free via iTunes here, Stitcher here or point your podcast player to podcast feed for Free Movement. Using a mobile device and subscribing has the advantage that each new podcast can be automatically downloaded for listening to on the go.
New statutory human rights considerations:
• New statutory human rights considerations take immediate effect — 14 August 2014
• Weighing the public interest in deportation cases — 28 August 2014
• Irreversible harm (Mark Symes) — 21 August 2014
• New Home Office guidance on deportation — 26 August 2014
• Statement of Changes HC 532 — 7 August 2014
Rest of Immigration Act seminar series:
• Appeals provisions of the Immigration Act 2014 (Sadat Sayeed) — 19 August 2014
• Immigration Act 2014: removals and nationality provisions (Bijan Hoshi) — 18 August 2014
Other issues and blog posts
• How children become failed asylum seekers (Jo Wilding) — 20 August 2014
• Ethnographic study of “culture of disbelief” at Taylor House — 6 August 2014
• Compensation awarded for hearing cancelled at short notice — 22 August 2014
• Looks like appeal rights abolition is coming this autumn… — 7 August 2014
• New tribunal procedure rules from 20 October 2014? — 11 August 2014