- March 2016 immigration update podcast
- September 2014 immigration update podcast
- January 2014 immigration update podcast
- February 2014 immigration update podcast
- March 2014 immigration update podcast
- April 2014 immigration update podcast
- May 2014 immigration update podcast
- June 2014 immigration update podcast
- July 2014 immigration update podcast
- August 2014 immigration update podcast
- October 2014 immigration update podcast
- November 2014 immigration update podcast
- April 2016 immigration update podcast
Welcome to the May 2014 edition of the Free Movement immigration update podcast. First of all, let me say thank you for listening. There have been nearly 10,000 podcast downloads so far, which is very surprising and encouraging. Do let me have feedback in the comments on what if anything you would like to see change or develop about these podcasts, though, as I am keen to make them as useful and interesting as possible.
As normal, the material is mainly drawn from the blog posts on Free Movement, this time for May. This month the material is taken in a broadly chronological order, but starting with a few quick things that were not on the blog. Most of the blog updates are case law, including a Supreme Court decision on the effect of a deportation order on pre-existing leave, three judgments from the Court of Appeal on the private life human rights immigration rules, a human rights health case involving a child and good character in naturalisation applications and then a couple from the Upper Tribunal on professional standards for immigration lawyers and on entrepreneurs.
If you would like to claim CPD points for reading the material and listening to this podcast, the sign up page for members is here. If you listen to podcasts on your mobile phone, you can subscribe for free via iTunes here, Stitcher here or point your podcast player to podcast feed for Free Movement. Using a mobile device and subscribing has the advantage that each new podcast can be automatically downloaded for listening to on the go.
The downloadable 20 minute audio podcast follows the order of content below.
Immigration forms collection — 2 May 2014
Haleemudeen v Secretary of State for the Home Department — 22 May 2014
Iranian conscript refugee denied British citizenship — 29 May 2014