Following the furore over immigration lawyers getting named and shamed in the High Court for their actual or alleged misdemeanours I thought it might be timely to arrange some training on urgent immigration injunction applications to prevent unlawful removals. Solicitor Jawaid Luqmani and barristers David Jones and Colin Yeo, all experienced in making this type of application, will be delivering a course on preparing and presenting injunction applications.
The course is aimed at both solicitors and barristers and covers:
- the ethics of ex parte applications
- strategic considerations when dealing with the UK Border Agency in the run up to a removal
- UKBA policy on judicial review and deferring removal
- the particular problems around charter flights
- the mechanics of making an application at the Upper Tribunal or High Court and what happens once the application is lodged
- how to deal with out of hours situations if, despite your best efforts, such a situation arises.
It will attract 3 CPD and be held on 5 March 2013 at a Central London location. Places are limited but can be booked here on the HJT Training website.